Derek Poundstone Deadlifting 800x9.
I love the comments. On his final rep Derek rests the weight on his thigh above the knee, much like one would in an Atlas Stone event (Poundstone is a Strongman competitor). His experience shows and it is very smooth. Not something to do for the typical lifter, but all the people saying ignorant stuff is awesome. Keep in mind this is training, not a competition. I’d like to see other people rep out 800lbs.
That shit is insane.
- 9 x 5 squats (135, 175, 225, 275, 295, 275, 225, 175, 135)
- 3 x 3 power cleans (135)
- 1 x 5 deficit deadlift (225)
- 5 x 4 bench press (135, 145, 155, 165)
- 10 x 1 bench press (135)
- 3 x 7 power clean (95)
- 1 x 5 deficit deadlift (195)
- 5 x 10 seated row (95, 190, 190, 210, 95)
- 3 x farmer walk/kettlebell swing super set (95 lb farmer walk for 90 seconds, 10 x 35# kettlebell swings back to back)
- 5 x 5 overhead press (100)
Light weight, lots of compound movements. Kind of a HIIT workout, I guess. Thought it was gonna be a real puker when I wrote it this morning but uh, I feel awesome.
I listen to this in the dark
- 1 mile walk to gym
- 4x4 225lb deadlift
- 5x4 175 deficit deadlift
- 1 mile walk home
- 3x5 150lb bench press pause reps
- 5 x 90lb farmer walk (90 seconds each set)
- 5 x 10 lat pull downs
- 5 x 10 seated row
So many squats yesterday. So little sleep last night. Hilarity ensues.
280lb deadlift. I’m gonna try to pull 300 on September 1st.
Been doing lots of DL drills. Need to get the bar a little closer to my body when lifting heavier weight. Train, train, train.